State of the Science: A National Research Meeting on Medical & Social Care Integration
SIREN, OCHIN, and Kaiser Permanente are excited to announce the first national conference devoted to research on medical and social care integration in health care delivery settings.
Dates: February 4-5, 2019
Location: Hilton Portland Downtown, Portland, OR*
This meeting will provide a forum for medical and social care researchers and other stakeholders to discuss and improve the quality and content of research in this area.
The one-and-a-half-day “state of the science” meeting will feature plenary talks, panel presentations, and small group discussions on cutting edge topics related to both effectiveness research and implementation science, including:
- Measuring validity and acceptability of social health screening tools;
- Developing common outcome measures to gauge social, physical, and mental health impacts;
- Studying implementation of social needs screening and referrals programs;
- Engaging patients and community partners in social interventions research and research agenda setting; and
- Understanding policies designed to incentivize social screening and interventions in health care systems.
Click here to view the current agenda, including session topics and speakers.
Registration is now closed. We received many more applications than we could accommodate for this inaugural event and now have an active waiting list. We plan to share conference materials on our website shortly after the event to ensure those who cannot attend can nonetheless access meeting content.