Identifying and Intervening on Social Needs in Clinical Settings: Evidence and Evidence Gaps
Special Issue of AJPM Focused on Social Interventions Research
SIREN is pleased to announce the release of Identifying and Intervening on Social Needs in Clinical Settings: Evidence and Evidence Gaps, a special issue of the American Journal of Preventive Medicine focused on social and health care integration, made possible by funding from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Kaiser Permanente, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Articles include new research on clinic-based social risk screening and referrals programs and payment and policy models that can incentivize these activities. See a complete list of articles in the supplement below.
- Healthcare Sector Activities to Identify and Intervene on Social Risk: An Introduction to the American Journal of Preventive Medicine Supplement
L.M. Gottlieb, K. Desalvo, & N.E. Adler
- Social Determinants as a Preventive Service: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Methods Considerations for Research
A.H. Krist, K.W. Davidson, Q. Ngo-Metzger, & J. Mills
- Psychometric and Pragmatic Properties of Social Risk Screening Tools: A Systematic Review
N.B. Henrikson, P.R. Blasi, K.D. Mettert, et al.
- Part I: A Quantitative Study of Social Risk Screening Acceptability in Patients and Caregivers
E.H. De Marchis, D. Hessler, C. Fichtenberg, et al.
- Part II: A Qualitative Study of Social Risk Screening Acceptability in Patients and Caregivers
E. Byhoff, E.H. De Marchis, D. Hessler, et al.
- Improving Social Needs Intervention Research: Key Questions for Advancing the Field
C. Fichtenberg, D. Alley, & K. Mistry
- Health Center-Based Community-Supported Agriculture: An RCT
S.A. Berkowitz, J. O'Neill, E. Sayer, et al.
- Variation in Electronic Health Record Documentation of Social Determinants of Health Across a National Network of Community Health Centers
E.K. Cottrell, K. Dambrun, S. Cowburn, et al.
- Massachusetts Community-Based Organization Perspectives on Medicaid Redesign
E. Byhoff & L.A. Taylor
- Payment Structures That Support Social Care Integration With Clinical Care: Social Deprivation Indices and Novel Payment Models
A.N. Huffstetler & R.L. Phillips Jr.