Using Clinical Decision Support Tools to Contextualize Care
This episode features a conversation between Danielle Hessler Jones, PhD, SIREN investigator and Professor in the Department of Family and Community Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco and Rachel Gold, PhD, MPH, an investigator at the Kaiser Permanente Northwest Center for Health Research and Lead Research Scientist at the OCHIN community health information network. This session is the first of four talks focused on health care sector efforts to Adjust clinical care based on information about patients’ social circumstances. In this conversation, Danielle and Rachel define Adjustment and explore research on the use of clinical decision support tools that might facilitate related interventions.
- NASEM. Integrating Social Care into the Delivery of Health Care. 2019.
- Weiner S, Schwartz A. Listening for What Matters. 2016.
- Hessler D, Bowyer V, Gold R et al. Bringing Social Context into Diabetes Care: Intervening on Social Risks versus Providing Contextualized Care. Curr Diab Rep. 2019.
- Cottrell EK, Gold R, Likumahuwa S et al. Using Health Information Technology to Bring Social Determinants of Health into Primary Care: A Conceptual Framework to Guide Research. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2018.
- Current projects mentioned in episode: COHERE; CRISP.