Patient and Caregiver Perspectives on Social Screening in Healthcare Settings
In this episode, Sarah Coombs, the director for health system transformation at the National Partnership for Women & Families, and Janice Tufte, an active patient partner in research, evidence generation, measurement, and care improvement, discuss their reactions to the patient and patient caregiver perspectives section of the State of the Science on Social Screening in Healthcare Settings.
To read the SIREN social screening report and a bevy of related resources, visit the SCREEN Report webpage.
- Cochrane Consumer - Essentials Training: https://training.cochrane.org/essentials
- National Center for Complex Care and Social Needs: https://www.nationalcomplex.care/our-work/
- BREE Collaborative SdoH Report: https://www.qualityhealth.org/bree/topic-areas/social-determinants-of-health/
- Public Agenda: https://www.publicagenda.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/itsAboutTrust_UHF_Final.pdf
- Harvard research on discrimination in health care: https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2017/10/23/discriminationpoll-african-americans.pdf
- Raising the Bar